Treasure Island aka the most driven over island in the Bay, is an absolute gem. For the local who has seen it at all hours knows what others who drive over it and have never stopped do not.
Although sparsely populated with relatively little happening, the allure of Treasure Island lays in its incredible views of San Francisco & the East Bay. With construction underway the island still feels deserted on weekdays & never to crowded on weekends.
So what will I do when & if I do visit? One of these should suffice:
- Check the calendar and stroll the back street under a plethora of palm trees at the flea market.
- Grab a beer or 10 @ Woods Beach Club
- Bike the entirety of the island
- Awe at the scenery you put yourself in while in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
- Drink at any of the 8 wineries on the island. Props to Sol Rouge for having a Bocce Ball court. Reserve a time here http://www.solrouge.com/bocce.asp?R= but you most likely can just roll up without a reservation and be fine.
- Grab a drink or food at Mersea. Open daily 11-9PM.
Stay tuned for more from this location.