Treasure Island San Francisco
Treasure Island San Francisco aka T.I. aka the most driven over island in the Bay, is an absolute gem. For the local who has seen it at all hours, knows what others who haven’t stopped, do not. The place is full of treasure just not in the literal sense.
Although sparsely populated with relatively little happening, the allure of Treasure Island is in the incredible views of San Francisco & the East Bay. With construction underway the island still feels deserted on weekdays & never to crowded on weekends. The impact can be felt but it surely still has its treasure.
Why Visit Treasure Island?
- The Views
- Escape the crowds of San Francisco & Oakland
- Drink – It’s an oddity but there are 7 wineries on T.I. They aren’t growing grapes but they are open to the public for tastings. T.I. is also home to a Woods Brewery. Grab a beer and soak in the Bay Bridge views.
- Flea Market – Check the schedule but every sunday of the summer, T.I back street turns into a giant Flea Market. This is a Bay Area bucket list activity.
- Clipper Cove – Hire a boat, find a friend with a boat, or heck, steal one! (Just kidding) Find a way to Clipper Cove when its warm or just sail around the island. You won’t regret it
- Grab a beer or 10 @ Woods Beach Club
- Bike the entirety of the island
- Awe at the scenery you put yourself in while in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
- Drink at any of the 8 wineries on the island. Props to Sol Rouge for having a Bocce Ball court. Reserve a time here http://www.solrouge.com/bocce.asp?R= but you most likely can just roll up without a reservation and be fine.
- Grab a drink or food at Mersea. Open daily 11-9PM.
Stay tuned for more from Treasure Island San Francisco. If you need any more info or best places to take photos in the bay, READ THIS GUIDE