Aloha and welcome to Hawaii! Looks like you’re looking to face your fears and come face to face with the ocean kings, Sharks! Excellent decision. Oahu is one of the best places to Shark Dive and in this piece you will learn about the Top Oahu Shark Dive options available to you and what will be your ideal scenario.
Shark Dive Oahu Outfitters
Here are the spots to book Shark Diving Trips on Oahu:
- Haleiwa Shark Tours – The only North Shore Shark Cage Diving outfitter owned and operated by Hawaiian Natives. Book a 2 hour tour 3 miles off shore from Haleiwa and experience the beasts from below. Not ready for sharks but want to take a ride? Their boat holds 6 so you can buy a ride along ticket as well! Divers 13+ will cost right around $150 for the trip.
- North Shore Shark Adventures (Shark Tours Hawaii) – North Shore Shark Adventures run out of Haleiwa and offer shark cage diving for an 1.5 hour trip. Their rates come out around $110 (when booked online) for ages 13+. You will spend 20 minutes in the cage and learn all about the history of the kings of the ocean.
- Hawaii Shark Encounters – Hawaii Shark Encounter runs tours out of Haleiwa and their 2 hour tours cost about $130. They, like all these other outfitters, place an emphasis on shark conservation, as you should too.
- Hawaii Adventure Diving – Hawaii Adventure Diving is a Cage Free Dive experience. Tour runs for 2 hours and are about $170. These guys are out of Haleiwa and also run scuba tours for those interested.
- Island View Hawaii – Craving a CAGE FREE experience? Island View Hawaii runs 2 hour Pelagic Shark Diving dives. Operating out of Haleiwa, test your fears and swim cage free with up to 6 people with Island View! Rates are about $170
Shark Dive Oahu Info to Know!
- WEATHER –> Shark Diving is very dependent on weather conditions. Because weather constantly changes shark diving trips are regularly cancelled. Check with whoever you choose to know conditions for your days. You won’t get charged if the boat doesn’t go.
- Bookings/Cancellations –> All of these outfitters have different policies. If you book and can’t make it or any other reason, make sure you know what the cancellation policy is beforehand.
- Miscellaneous Charges –> Most places offer photo and video packages to highlight your day. These won’t be included in your basic booking price.
- Conservation –> Whether you don’t know anything or everything about sharks, these providers want to protect and sustain the lives of sharks. Take note and do whatever your can to help the lives of these creatures.
Shark Dive Oahu and then Some
Whats next for your Hawaii adventure? Do you have a mapped out itinerary or are you shooting it from the hip? Whatever one it is, here are some ideas that I hope will bring you some value while you explore paradise
Hiking? Oahu’s Must Do Hikes
Ka’Au Crater Hiking: One of the Best Oahu Hikes
Oahu Travel and More
These are only some suggestions for your Oahu trip. Everyone’s itinerary will be different dependent on budgets and interests, but these linked pieces are some of my favorite activities to do when on Oahu. Looking for more? Need an itinerary made just for your? Oahu Trip planner is another hat I wear!
Whether or not you make it to a shark dive trip, I beg you to make it to the north shore! The vibe and scenery is quite drastic than the congested areas of Honolulu! You won’t be disappointed. Until then, hope to see you out on the island or somewhere else in the world. Aloha.