Visiting Marquette for the weekend or a midweek trip? Good on you! Whether you’re a parent visiting their NMU student, a photographer getting out to the UP for the weekend, or a family coming north for some outdoor activities, there’s a spot for you. Here are some Marquette Michigan Hotels and other accommodations, you should consider for your trip
The Landmark Inn is a Marquette staple and also conveniently located about two blocks away from Lake Superior. It’s also only a few blocks away from both of Marquette’s lively area, Washington and North 3rd. Aside from the lovely rooms and decor of the hotel, the Landmark provides excellent views of Lake Superior and delicious dining in the hotels restaurant, the Piedmont and at Hotels Bar, The Northland Pub
Ask for their late night pizza and beer combo!
The Ramada is located smack dab in the center of Washington Street. Because of its location, you can walk pretty much anywhere locally and not have too worry about being too far away from anything. There is also an excellent in house restaurant, Harleys, and a downstairs bar with a great happy hour. Indoor Pool and Sauna are also features of this Ramada
With its lovely Waterfront location, the Hampton Inn is a hard choice to pass up. Located next to Marquette’s Historic Ore Dock, the Hampton Inn arguably has the best views of Lake Superior and features an indoor pool with views right into Lake Superior. Feel like stretching your legs? The adjacent walking path provides guests with direct access to lovely shoreline walking.
The Staybridge Suites is an excellent and newer option for your stay in Marquette. Located up the northern section of Washington street, the Staybridge Suites is only about a mile away from Lake Superior, and about a 10 minute walk from the heart of downtown Marquette. Free Happy hour from 4-6 daily and a large patio equipped with grills for cooking.
The property also offers a more than adequate fitness section and an outdoor Basketball court! The views from the deck make this place even better. PET FRIENDLY!
Nestledown Bed and Breakfast
This Scandinavian Bed and Breakfast has lakefront views just one block away from Shiras Park. The place is a little gem on the Lake Superior Shores and provides visitors with easy access to many of the cities top things to do.
- Holiday Inn – The recently renovated Holiday Inn is another fine option for your Marquette stay. Located on highway 41 just on the outskirts of town, the Holiday Inn is ready for your business. Although close, a car is probably needed unless time is not of the essence. Walking to the heart of the city will probably take about 35 minutes from here.
- Superior Stay – One of Marquette’s newest Hotels, Superior Stay sits at the end of third street and is ideally located to everything.
- My Place – Highway 41 hotel, My Place fits the bill for travelers needing a comfortable place to rest their heads at night.
- Comfort Suites – Another Highway 41 lodging option in Marquette.
- Country Inn and Suites – Highway 41 Hotel
Other Marquette Michigan Hotel Options?
Aside from the Hotel scene in Marquette, there are some cozy options you can find yourself renting too. My friend Gina runs MoodyCabinGirl.com and has some excellent options you can check out on her site above or her IG:@moodycabingirl
Marquette Michigan Hotels: What to do outside of the Hotel!
If you need any advice on Hiking when visiting Marquette, take a peek at my Hiking Marquette Guide Because hiking does require a lot of energy, you will probably need to fuel your body with some fuel too get you too those places. You can check out my Marquette Coffee Guide for a before or after caffeine fix
Activities Outside of Marquette
Don’t limit yourself to just things to do in Marquette! Here are some of the Best things to do within one hour from Marquette:
- Munising is home to Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. This is one of the best places to visit in all of Michigan
- Winter visitors have an abundance of activities available to them. One of my favorites are the EBEN ICE CAVES
Have you been too any of these hotels before? Where is your favorite place to stay when visiting Marquette? If you can’t find any spots at those hotels, Marquette also has enough options on AirBnb or VRBO. Although winter might not have as many listings, availability tends to be favorable because less than ideal weather for most tourists.
Have any suggestions for your next Marquette trip? Drop a comment so I know you’re following along and let me know if you do make it up here!