Looking for a Presque Isle Hiking Guide? Keep reading, you’re in the right spot
If I haven’t made it clear enough, Michigan is an outdoor enthusiasts paradise. More specifically, the Upper Peninsula, has endless options of day and multi day activities to suit any adventurers needs.
Marquette, one of the UP’s major cities, has many hikes that make the trek here more than memorable. Presque Isle is one of those places that you must consider when looking for excellent Upper Peninsula hiking
Presque Isle Hiking Trails
There are 3 hiking routes to enjoy the Isle
- Exterior Coastal trail: This Marquette hike is roughly 2.2 miles and is well marked and maintained. The loop is a gold mine for photographers with the variety of landscapes, colors, and wildlife.
- Paved Loop Route: This is the car loop but many people hike this because it’s easy and straightforward. It runs adjacent to the exterior path but no coastline views
- Presque Interior: This path take you into the interior of the island with a plethora of trees and wildlife. Lovely in all seasons..
Other Best Things to do at Presque Isle:
- Close encounters with wildlife
- Amazing Shoreline Views
- Cliff Jumping at Blackrocks
- Many More
Don’t stress about not packing enough water or snacks but maybe about not having sufficient storage on your memory card. The exterior hiking path has lovely, unobstructed Lake Superior views with small elevation gains and declines.
There’s a few dedicated lookout points and many other areas to meander and soak in the beauty of the shoreline.
Presque Isle Park Hours and Crowds
Presque Isle is a very popular destination. The place can be a zoo at times so be conscious of when you decide to explore. Summer hours can be a nightmare while a fall or winter evening can be empty. The driving loop closes during winter and is open daily from around sunrise to sunset hours
Heading to Marquette or the UP
Do you have any spots that I MUST hike while in Marquette? If so, drop a comment. Photography fan? Book a Marquette Photo Tour today!
Need help planning? I also take visitors around the city to ensure they have the best Marquette experience. Thanks for reading and hope to see you here or somewhere else in this world.